What a relief to know that once you are done cooking and enjoying a full meal, all that is left is to place your cookware into the dishwasher. Put simply; choosing the best dishwasher safe cookware means you can avoid scrubbing!
Read on to find the best dishwasher safe pots and pans suitable for your kitchen.
- 1 How to Choose the Best Dishwasher Safe Cookware
- 2 What Are the Advantages of Dishwasher Safe Cookware?
- 3 Why Do Some Manufacturers Say Their Cookware is Dishwasher Friendly, Yet Recommend Against It?
- 4 What Is the Best Way to Clean Dishwasher Safe Cookware?
- 5 Best Dishwasher Safe Cookware Reviews
- 5.1 Cuisinart DSA-11 Dishwasher Safe Hard-Anodized Cookware Set
- 5.2 T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- 5.3 T-fal C836SD Ultimate Stainless Steel Copper Bottom 13 PC Cookware Set, Piece
- 5.4 GreenPan Valencia Ceramic Non-stick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- 5.5 WearEver C943SA Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- 5.6 Fleischer & Wolf Nonstick White Aluminum Pots and Pans Sets
- 6 My Choice
How to Choose the Best Dishwasher Safe Cookware
If you think about it, dishwashers have a pretty tricky job to do. The standards we set for them are very high! We expect them to leave our dishes spotless without ever leaving a scratch. Well, that’s what they are advertised to do, and I believe they should live up to their standards.
But to achieve this, you first need to load them with safe dishwasher cookware. You see, for the dishwasher to efficiently clean your cookware, it has to get a little ‘rough’. It has to use high heat, high water temperature and probably harsh detergent.
So, your cookware has to be in a position to withstand these extremes. Luckily, the market is flooded with choice. Brands from Cuisinart to T-fal offer quality dishwasher safe cookware at affordable prices.
Cookware isn’t cheap, so the last thing you want is your expensive pot coming out of the dishwasher scratched, peeled or ineffective. Nonstick cookware and non-enameled cast iron pots have, historically, been dishwasher unfriendly. But, some manufacturers are making progress and producing safe nonstick dishwasher products. (Non-enameled cast iron will never be dishwasher friendly though!)
In my experience, stainless steel cookware and ceramic cookware are generally dishwasher safe. They shouldn’t deteriorate with regular dishwashing. Always look for the dishwasher safe logo during your purchases.
What Are the Advantages of Dishwasher Safe Cookware?
Cook your meals, enjoy your food, and after you are done; just place your cookware into the dishwasher. What could be easier than that? Unfortunately, some cookware isn’t dishwasher safe. Who wants to go through the extra chore of soaking and handwashing pots and pans?
Even manufacturers of dishwasher safe cookware will sometimes recommend against using the dishwasher. A dirty secret unknown to many.
Nothing is as appalling as the sight of greasy pots and pans sitting in my sinks. That’s another advantage! With quality dishwasher safe pots and pans, you are sure that your sinks will always be clean and empty.
If you are a fan of handwashing, then you are familiar with the hustle of choosing the best cleaning sponge. Using a rough scrubber can scratch your favorite cookware. This is something you never have to worry about when using the best dishwasher safe pans and pots.
Why Do Some Manufacturers Say Their Cookware is Dishwasher Friendly, Yet Recommend Against It?
This still baffles me up to date. Why would anyone advertise cookware as dishwasher safe only to advise against it? To me, this is plain misleading. Stand by your products! If your product can’t withstand the dishwasher extremes, then clearly say so.
Most cookware labeled dishwasher safe with an attached disclaimer is likely to disappoint. The manufacturer may even claim that you invalidated the warranty by dishwashing.
I try as much as possible to avoid this sort of cookware. I wouldn’t recommend buying them if you are looking for dishwasher safe cookware.
To be clear; this is different from manufacturers recommending handwashing dishwasher safe cookware. At least these manufacturers aren’t warning you against dishwashing their “dishwasher safe” cookware. Sometimes, even if it is dishwasher safe, it can be damaged or wear away. Also, it can depend on the detergents used in the dishwasher.
What Is the Best Way to Clean Dishwasher Safe Cookware?
To be on the safe side, always follow the user manual instructions that came with the cookware. Different cookware may require different procedures.
Yet I would suggest some simple things to avoid damaging your cookware in the dishwasher:
- The top rack generally gets a gentler wash than the bottom, making it more suitable. This is especially the case if your cookware is delicate. Generally though the bottom rack is easier!
- Don’t leave it ages in the dishwasher – the quicker the wash the less likely you are to have problems.
- Try to avoid the inside of the cookware touching anything. The inside is the bit with the special coating and it can get scratched.
Best Dishwasher Safe Cookware Reviews
Which dishwasher safe cookware is the best depends on what it’s made of and not the label attached at the bottom.
Read the dishwasher safe cookware reviews below to find out the pots and pans that best suit your kitchen.
This cookware feels like high end cookware without the ridiculous price tag. The 11-piece set has all the necessities to suit your kitchen needs. It is light, easy to clean and nothing sticks.
This beautiful cookware features a nonstick interior and a hard-anodized exterior. It is this exterior that gives the set its durability and efficient heating.
Made with ArmourGuard technology, this set boasts a durable hard-anodized exterior. Recommend it? Absolutely. What’s not to love?
- Beautiful and classy finish
- Durable and long lasting
- Completely dishwasher safe
- Nonstick surface
- Evenly distributes heat
- Metallic handles suitable for oven use
- Handles can get a little hot
- A little small in size thus unsuitable for large families
- Rivets inside the pan may require a little bit of attention when cleaning
Just like my previous pick, this set features a hard-anodized exterior. So, you can look forward to light but durable cookware. I also like that this 12-piece set includes three different size saucepans. (Similar collections normally have two.) Whether making your favorite sauce, cooking a pot of pasta, or preparing a batch of soup, this set has you covered.
Unlike the Cuisinart set, this T-fal cookware can handle pretty high heat. This is great for searing a steak or chicken breast. One feature that I don’t find helpful is the thermostat indicator. Make no mistake; this isn’t a downside but something I just ignore and cook normally as with my other pans.
If you don’t care about using your cookware in the oven, then these might be the best non stick dishwasher safe pots and pans for you.
- Completely Dishwasher Safe
- Durable and long lasting
- Oven safe
- Genuinely Non-stick
- Evenly and efficiently distributes heat
- Can get weird markings when used on high heat (this doesn’t affect their nonstick property)
- Lids can get a little hot
- Oven safe to only 175 °C (350°F) – this is too low
If dishwasher safe is important to you, you probably don’t want a fuss when cleaning up. That’s the problem with stainless steel – if you don’t get it right, food is more likely to stick.
That being said, stainless steel will last longer. Nonstick layers wear away over time. Since stainless steel doesn’t have that layer, it is more durable.
Cooking with stainless steel is harder, but with some oil, and pre-heating, you can get almost as good performance as non stick. Some people even claim that stainless steel is better for cooking as it “releases” the food at the right time. This can be especially helpful when searing steak.
This particular stainless steel set is of high quality and should last you.
The copper bottom helps spread the heat. This means no hotspots and more efficient heating.
Although these pans are dishwasher safe, the manufacturer warns that they can discolor when in the dishwasher. This won’t affect the performance of the pan.
If you are looking for a stainless steel dishwasher safe cookware set then I would recommend this one.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Robust and long lasting
- Nice vented lids
- Copper bottom means it heats efficiently and evenly
- Oven safe to 260 °C (500°F)
- Suitable for induction cooking
- Copper bottom wears away over time
- Handles can get too hot
- Can discolor in dishwasher
- Stainless steel is harder to clean
This 11-piece cookware set is excellent. I’ve had nonstick pans in the past, and they always wear out, or even worse, the nonstick layer starts peeling off!
These have none of that. They’re as nonstick now as they were when I bought them. They’re great to cook with, easy to clean and easy to look after.
As an added bonus, I also think they’re quite stylish.
You can tell manufacturers care through their little touches. For example this set comes with some felt protectors to put between the pans when stacking.
Although the manufacturer recommends handwashing I’m happy to report that they are dishwasher safe. Manufacturers should stand behind their products more though.
My biggest issue with this set is that some customers report scratching and chipping. While this hasn’t been my experience, you do need to take care! Buy this set if you want something that looks nice and you are confident you will treat it carefully.
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
- Oven safe up to 300°C (600°F) (More than enough)
- Suitable for induction cooking
- Completely nonstick
- Quite pricey
- Reports of scratching and chipping, though this hasn’t been my experience.
- Lid handles can get hot
- “Hand washing recommended” – stand by your product!
This beautiful 10-piece set is particularly excellent for people on a budget who like to cook. At first, you will love this set for the incredible features it boasts despite its low price.
But don’t let that deceive you; with time, the pots are prone to losing their nonstick property, and easily chip and warp. The pan also quickly burns as the bottom is so thin. And worst of all, the red paint chips after a few washings despite being dishwasher safe.
If you are looking for affordable dishwasher safe cookware that you don’t need to last then this one is for you. If you want a set that is durable as well as dishwasher safe, buy something else.
- Very affordable
- Comes in a range of colors to choose from (a nice change from the traditional grey)
- Comfortable handles (with silicon grips) to work with
- Oven safe
- Health and environmentally conscious (PTFE free)
- Prone to chipping and warping
- Not completely dishwasher safe
- Pan prone to burning
- Oven safe to 175 °C (350°F) is too low!
- Loses the nonstick property with time
- Silicon grips on the handles prevent them from being oven safe
- Warranty does not cover discoloration or chipping in the coating
Some of the so-called nonstick pans are anything but that. This one uses little heat, is comfortable to hold, and totally nonstick.
When this 9-piece set is new, its features are just outstanding! Heats evenly, lightweight, versatile, perfect size, easy to clean, and the lids release water vapor.
Unfortunately it is quite pricey. This set is an investment, and one you do need to treat with care. There are reports of the nonstick properties wearing away for some customers. I would recommend being careful how you treat it in the dishwasher. In particular make sure the inside doesn’t touch anything else.
If you are looking for a long lasting cookware set, are prepared to look after it and don’t mind paying a bit extra – this set could be ideal.
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
- Truly nonstick
- Heats evenly
- Very comfortable to grip
- The ‘Perfect Grip’ handle won’t suit everybody
- Gasket on lid must be removed for cleaning
- Awkwardly positioned gasket makes lid a clumsy fit
- Some reports of it losing its nonstick ability over time
Best Dishwasher Safe Cookware
My favorite dishwasher safe cookware is the T-fal E765SC Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set. The set is affordable, durable, easy to clean and completely dishwasher safe.
It’s a shame the oven safe temperatures are so low. Apart from that, this is a fantastic deal. Possibly the best non stick dishwasher safe pots and pans you will find at this price level.
If you are looking for a premier set of cookware that isn’t for oven cooking, look no further.
Best (Genuinely) Oven Safe & Dishwasher Safe Cookware
I don’t often put pans in the oven, but if that’s something you do then you really need pans that can take the heat.
In that case, I would suggest the GreenPan Valencia Cookware Set. It’s a sweet set that should last if you take care of it.